Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We Are Tagged In the Surreal Grotesque Podcast #12

We are from the standpoint of my writing style. I am on record saying that I work in a trance. This is not a contrivance but a truth. I have always maintained my difficulty in in working with prompts. My style lies in nightmares I have that recur. Every story I have ever had published works this way. Every story that has to date remained unpublished has been forced without a visit from my nighttime muse. It is also not a mystery that when I write I report what I see in that dream. I let my mind project and my fingers do the walking over the keys. I don't think about what I write I just do it. Sure there may be a revision or two but the integrity of what kept me up at night is on the page. Ask my wife. She can predict when a story is coming: mood swings are the precursors. Hell, it isn't pretty and it isn't romantic but that is exactly the process. And when I am done, quite frankly I forget about it. I can't tell you what I've written. True.

No comments:

Post a Comment