Thursday, June 20, 2013

"In the corner, in the lime green trunks, THE UNDISPUTED MASTER OF HORROR..."

I recently did an interview and was told I was up and coming on this list. I thanked the interviewer for the kind words, but was later troubled by the comment. Besides the moniker itself, is the fact that everyone seems to have this verbiage tacked to either the beginning or end of their name.

Anyone who knows me knows I am not big of titles or labels. Perhaps the major reason I don't play well with others, in the corporate world, is I find a title or label to be akin to name tag and frankly, "Hello, My Name Is ..." is the most inane wardrobe accessory ever invented.

As I review books for writers good and bad; as I read on my own; and even browse I am astounded at the number of masters out there. There are so many it is blinding or at least that is what my mother would tell would happen.

How about this, lets just leave the monikers and titles and preludes to the guys who need them to put a spring in their hose; just read my stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment