Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What Phase Is The Moon?

In the wake of my guitar story I run into another pathetic tale this time involving a short story. I am affiliated with a writers' group on Facebook and as is the case messages of our doings will cross cyberspace.

Today I received an acceptance in an anthology and so did a colleague. Hers is for a charitable organization where sales of the book will go directly to a charity.

Noble. Quite noble. As I was about to congratulate her, there appeared a prior Facebook response where the writer complains that given the quality of the book cover, the book has to be full of trunk stories and the charity will be lucky to get $100.00.

Is this jerk week? Is there something in the water? Is it a phase of the moon?

Well I congratulated her and as far as the jerk goes; I guess we all know who received a rejection letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment