Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Cupboard Is Bare

I don't have a lot out there for potential published pieces. The anthology offerings I read are less than exciting and more than forced. I am not excited about opportunities. Many publications have closed submissions like an evacuation pipe from a clogged toilet.

And to add to this I have had a backlash to my 'Weird Tales' article with a couple of editors taking me to task in terms of taking the time to define to me what a 'short story' is.

If this is how its going to be it only hardens my resolve.

We said this year our output would be less and pages more. We are beyond where we should be after three years.

I am enjoying reviewing more than ever. The quality of the non-horror I have been sent is amazing. There is much out there to rejoice for you just need to waid through it; so stop on by and check out my reviews on Lurid-lit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment