Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Editor's Notes: Creative Writing, we don't need no stinking creative writing

My class has been suspended because of lack of interest. Okay no problem, but a gentleman recently contacted me stating that he decided against my class in favor of self-publishing. This concerned me.

We all know I have nothing against self-publishing but please people let's not rely on self-assessment solely to determine our voice.

Sounds ridiculous right? But let's be fair, the vast majority of anything is generally bad. And rejection is a great teacher. Do we want to be better or prolific?

I want to be both and I want to be pushed and critiqued.

I want to know my work exists because others like it rather than knowing I can afford $50.00 for a cookie cutter cover.

Dare to dream. Dare to fail.  

No comments:

Post a Comment