Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Ghost Hunting....yeah Ghost Hunting.....You have a problem with that Milford? Part 1

Hunting spirits is all the rage and has been so for the past decade. Ghost hunting groups have formed in every corner of every town, city and burb all over the United States of Entertainment. Frankly sitting in the dark in someone's basement with a converted transistor radio watching lights and waiting for a whisper is not my idea of fun. And frankly if a house or spot is haunted it should be more evident than a slumber party.

The scientific method suffers here as amateurs whose only paranormal education is Saturday night cable television try to lend credence to something that I believe is a lot more complicated than 'did you hear that?'

My plan for this and future columns is this: visit these purportedly paranormal places in my home base of Connecticut and see who I happen to run into or through because they are ectoplasm and are not solid.

I live in Milford, a hotbed of pirate history with a couple of ghosts thrown in. Tonight I will address three houses and one site being heavily and publicly pushed as a nest for phantoms.

The Milford Historical Society, I used to be a member, claims that three of its houses are haunted: Eells-Stowe, Clark-Stockdale and Bryan Downs. The story goes that docents and volunteers claim to hear voices; feel prying eyes, etc.

I lived here over twenty years and was an active member, and up until the last year or so there has never been any talk of this. The houses don't sit on their original lots and well, it is a Hell of a marketing plan to attract new members.

In the articles I have read an unnamed paranormal group purportedly collected EVPs which the logic dictates proves a haunting.

Well as someone who has been in these buildings both during the day and during the night I have never heard voices, I have never experienced someone else in the room with me, etc.

I would love to hear the EVPs. I would love to speak with these hunters and discuss their methodology. I would love to accompany them on a lock down until then I believe this to be a marketing ploy as there is no real basis for these hauntings.

There is no back story to lend credence; there is no history of activity and frankly there is nothing to believe here unless the Society brings more to the table.

I will stay in Milford for the next hunt which will involve pirates and I don't mean that team once Managed by Danny Murtaugh.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment