Sunday, October 30, 2011

Parade of Bad Poetry Presents:

Living On Time

Not very long ago, I lay awake in bed.
I thought about my life as it is
and that’s when I found myself dead.

At first I was kind of mad, worried about my tan,
and all the golf I was going to miss
as a result of my wife’s cold hand.

She hadn’t been herself in awhile, so a smile was nice to see.
Her eyes vibrantly danced with joy
as she continued to kill me.

And as I was being sliced to dust, I entered into a pause
and wondered about the universe
its meaning and its cause.

Could there be life somewhere else? That’s the mystery.
Out in all those planets and stars
far from our own galaxy.

And in that place, if they are, are they void of strife?
Unlike us, in a utopia,
with people less true to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment