Monday, June 4, 2012

You Are Not A Writer....

Maybe not. Even if a literary critic agrees I won't believe it anyway. I am happy with our progress but unhappy with those who insist I shouldn't attempt this because of my day job. Recently a sales person told me she pulled up my name online and found my law office website and my writing website. How dare I have a writer's website after all -- "You are an attorney not a writer!" Yeah, great way to make a sale. I realize we live in an era where people find it abhorrent to break form the pack. I realize it is easier to stay in my little box and not dream for more. Hey sheep, don't include me. I can do both. While we are on the subject I am also not happy with those, some of them close to me, who are bothered about this. 'Why would anybody want to do this?' Well that is a pure insult. Look, we have had some success; we are a little ahead of schedule; and we have a long way to go. But I enjoy writing my stories; I enjoy entertaining and scaring people; I enjoy when someone writes or calls or tells me they enjoy my work. This is why we do what we do and if someone has a problem, then get out of my way. Frankly I enjoy writing more than anything else. It is the hardest work I have ever done. It is the most challenging work I have ever done. It is angst driven. It is tiring, physically, psychologicall and emotionally; but I love it. I love being around other writers; I love talking about writing; I love being challenged to write. Again, if you don't or can't understand this, I am sorry, but please get out the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment