Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I am the Anti-Christ

Yes I write Horror. Even my satire is strung around Horror. My children's stories have an element of Horror. It is how my brain works. So now I am hearing from people; people who readily admit they have never read any of my pieces but am concerned about my psychological, emotional and professional health. I have been advised to close up shop. I have been advised to write under an pseudonym. I am amazed that people who find some of the television and movies and books that they enjoy; I am amazed that people who have never read anything I have written; all have a better grasp on things cultural than I do. I'm tired of giving them credit; tired of saying that they 'mean well'. Deep down they don't. So if I am the Anti-Christ; fine. A least I know when I die there will still always be barbecue and I think I may know more people there than the other place.

No comments:

Post a Comment