Thursday, September 26, 2013

This is Serious AND NEEDS TO BE STOPPED

I want to be very, very, very serious here. This is a subject near and dear to my heart and one I have spent countless time and dollars on. In the light of the Puppy Doe case in Massachusetts, other similar and even more horrific stories of animal cruelty have come out.

While I personally don't trust Craigslist, which is where this originates, I urge all of you to speak to your state lawmakers and strengthen your animal cruelty laws.

Also let your lawmakers know so they can convey messages to their judges and prosecutors that people need to be held accountable for their vile actions. People need to be punished. Really punished. Animal cruelty is the first stop to bigger prey.

As for people who sell animals as if they were a tag sale item, they too need to be punished. Not screening individuals who wish to purchase your animal, in my mind, makes you complicit.

End of my soap box for now.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment