Thursday, July 23, 2015

Editors sure don't know everything

Especially writing.

Look I hate rejections and thank the Lord I am getting less and less every year. But when an editor turns down a piece not on its merits but solely on how warm and cuddly the feel is, is derelict in the duty required for the project.

It is ridiculous. And if that same editor won't expand intellect beyond the shallow and literal then that person should stick to hateful tweets.

As an editor myself I may personally hate something but see the artistry and creative voice within enough to accept the piece. I have opened dialogues with writers to be sure I am reading the piece correctly as opposed to simply berating the author with my own ignorance.

There is a big difference in all of our talents. Some of us write and some of us type.

No comments:

Post a Comment