Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Yeah, right H. P. LOVECRAFT

If FACEBOOK is good for anything and frankly it isn't good for anything, you find these little tests to compare yourself to whomever and whoever and sometime whatever.

The most recent is for writers to enter the texts, a few paragraphs, and the magical analyzer will tell you who write like.

I did it twice.

I took a satirical piece I wrote fifteen years ago; one that is finally being published and only being published now because I couldn't find a satirical magazine to send it to. ANYWAY, on that piece I was told I write like COREY DOCTOROW.

I then took an article I had just written and just had accepted. Not a piece of fiction, but a straight article. 'I write like' H. P. LOVECRAFT.

Yeah. I know I am good, but that good?

Well a foreign critic in a seminar discussion once made the parallel to all of us horror writers as bands. In that comparison he said that while the rest are playing rock n' roll, some better than others, my stories were different and compared me to PINK FLOYD.

Yeah...right.

No comments:

Post a Comment