Wednesday, May 22, 2013

AARRRGH!!!!!!!!!!! Why Don't They Just Do Their Jobs?

I always pick them. Not all of them. Just a few of them. But I always pick them. Whenever I try to branch my stories out to so-called more 'main stream', 'general' publications that tout they publish a mosaic of genres they don't want horror. Oh, they say they do; they openly advertise for horror to balance off their romance or happy, happy, happy, happy, crap; but they never seem to publish that one horror story.

Now get something straight. I did not and do not submit anything with violence to these publications. I do not submit serial killers, slashers, bloody gore. For these publishers I submit a more PG and even G fare. But what I always neglect to do in my zealotry is truly review their archives and find not one ghost, not even a sparkly vampire or friendly ghoul.

I think they just hate horror. I think they feel horror is not politically correct.

Other general writers tell me I'm wrong.

And maybe that is why the editors of these mags never respond to emails; never answer queries. Maybe it is not over my perceived slight, maybe they don't respond because they are looking for that micro piece of horror flash fiction that appears to be misplaced on their archives.



No comments:

Post a Comment