Friday, October 4, 2013

'MY COFFIN IS MISSING' to be published by Horrified Press

This is one of the shortest stories I have ever written. This is one of the quickest stories I ever wrote. While I stand behind every word taken out of my brain --- I am fonder of this tale than most.

I have no idea why. The title came to me at 1 a. m. Thursday morning, the 4th, and as I was driving to my work destination at 8 am the entire tale just unraveled right before my eyes. When I arrived I pulled a pad and hastily jotted it down, making small revisions throughout the day at various times, more to pace the rhythm than anything else. By the time I sat again in the evening the first draft was typed and printed.

On Friday the polish was applied and my wife took a look to correct punctuation in two spots. She too has been taken by the tale. It gave her the creeps with little or no action.

Details will follow on when MY COFFIN IS MISSING can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment