Sunday, January 12, 2014

THE BIRDS

So have I said recently that I was so happy we scuttled our television? If I didn't I am. Now I can read more crap rather than watch it. With the exception of life interrupting these past few days I have flung myself headlong into the controversy that became Hitchcock's THE BIRDS.

My wife hates the movie. I find it amusing yet the genesis for the flick is under dispute. Okay maybe not but yeah really. Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS is purportedly loosely based on Daphne du Maurier's 1952 short story. Hitchcock supposedly told screenwriter Evan Hunter to expand the plot and create new characters. What he came up with reads quite closely to Frank Baker's 1936 novel THE BIRDS.

I am two thirds through and the parallels are amazing.

Or in the immortal words of the immortal Keith Richards, and I am paraphrasing, 'there are just so many chords a lot of things sound alike.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment