Sunday, January 6, 2013

L. Ron Hubbard; He actually could write

And for a few days I couldn't thanks to this marvel of technology known as my computer. Anyway, don't let the name L. Ron Hubbard fool you. "Dianetics" was not the only thing he ever wrote. Mr. Hubbard was an accomplished and prolific pulp writer in the 1940s who impressed such scribes as Ray Brabdury and Robert Bloch. I had the occasion of spying and purchasing two slim collections of his work published by Galaxy Press at a local discount shop and have come away quite impressed. "The Great Secret" amd "The Professor Is A Thief" volumes demonstrate lush and dynamic prose for story concepts that are fun and action filled. And after reading these, I didn't have the desire to grin with menace and jump up and down on a couch. I just wanted to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment