Monday, November 11, 2013

Am I funny like how? Do I amuse you ...... my apologies to cousin Joe .....

I am not afraid to admit I still get rejections. Rejections are a badge of honor particularly when a rejection has almost always led to better placement and even more money.

This month's rejection winner was received today in probably the worst form letter ever written 'from the best in dark fiction'. Readers will note that almost EVERY ezine for horror with author's who love to use initials for names claim their inclusion is the 'best' in dark fiction.

This rejection, in part, reads as follows:

"While we enjoyed reading it, we are going to pass on it for publication. The story felt a bit too jumbled for our liking."
 
If it is 'too jumbled' why did you enjoy reading it? Do I amuse you then? Like how?
 
The story was edited by a professional editor. The plot is simple and the action takes place during a police interrogation, however it does detail the death of a real estate broker and three cops; all necessary to the story. If content is an issue then please tell me. I understand many editors in horror do not enjoy the injection of humor; after all
 
I'll send them a copy of the mag or book when the story hits.
 
Yes, I am amused. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment