Monday, November 11, 2013

CLEANING UP AFTER and The Surreal Grotesque Writers Workshop

I am very thankful and honored to be a part of this workshop. My writing has been interrupted by my work on the election and now because of related issues here in the People's Republic of Milford as fallout

This workshop pairs me up with a writer and editor I greatly respect, Jeremy Maddux, and we work on flash fiction.

CLEANING UP AFTER incorporates the prompt of 'keep the worms away'. I have trouble with prompts; always have. Anyone who knows my style knows its more free form and I write like a bowel movement; that is, when its ready to come out.

And yes I use that metaphor to give you guys from the campaign, the men's room 'scrawlers'; yes, MY word; a chance to take a shot after all you who time will forget don't have an original thought in your head so go ahead ....

Anyway, my first draft was dreadful and disgusting; not even worthy to wipe the excrement of a democrat blogger. But last night we cleaned it; shorn off a ton of words and have the makings of something that might, in the end, work.

This a wonderful and creative lifeline to someone who has been drowning this past week. We are thankful, after all, to find we are surrounded by careful and thoughtful people. Real people who have a soul, who seek a true common good and not by those Kool-Aid sucking, Napoleon 'complexed', soulless, energy vampires whose only delight comes from the torment of others. 

More details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment